The Biggest Benefits of Landscape DesignAugust 11, 2021 11:04 pm Leave your thoughts
As a homeowner, you want your property to be attractive and have great curb appeal. But when it comes to landscaping, many people don’t know where to start or how to plan out a landscaping design that both looks great and functions at its best.
It’s not as simple as just digging and planting. It takes some thorough planning and consideration of issues such as the size, location and spacing of all plants, how to ensure the long-term health of your plants, the amount of maintenance your chosen plants will require, issues with grading and drainage, when certain plants bloom and how the entire design will flow with plants that complement each other and your home’s architecture.
Here are just a few examples of the benefits of working with a professional to get a great landscape design at your home:
- Improved curb appeal: Greater curb appeal means increased property value. So, if you ever decide to sell your property, an outstanding landscape design will usually mean more interest in the property at a higher dollar amount. Even if you don’t wish to sell your home, having great landscaping simply helps your own satisfaction with your property’s appearance and brings greater value to the neighborhood as a whole.
- Options for environmentally friendly design: Landscaping professionals are experts in choosing plants and landscaping designs that are more beneficial for the environment. The results include cleaner air, more nutrient-dense soil and increased biodiversity with birds and various pollinators. Landscaping can also be done in such a way that helps water filtration and reduces overall garden maintenance while still looking great.
- Usage all year round: A professionally designed landscape gives you a yard you can enjoy all year round, with timed blooming to provide color all throughout the year, shaded areas that allow you to enjoy the gardens even on the hottest days of summer, lighting to help you enjoy the evenings and bug prevention tactics to keep you comfortable.
- Privacy and protection: Certain strategic landscaping elements can be used as privacy features. Tall plants and hedges are often used to the same effect as fences. In addition to providing you with some much-needed privacy, these types of large plants can also serve as a barrier against the wind or other elements.
- Save time: While working with a professional landscaper does come with an initial investment you’ll need to pay, it can also save you money in some ways. You won’t have to redo your own shoddy work, for one. Depending on how you shade specific areas of your property, it might also help you to cut down on the amount of money you have to spend on your air conditioning, as it will become easier to maintain your desired temperature. And with high-quality drainage, your property will be protected from oversaturation and potential water damage after storms.
Want to know more about the benefits of landscaping design from professionals? We encourage you to contact the team at BBD Tree Service and we will be happy to provide you with further information.
Categorised in: Landscape Design
This post was written by Writer