The Best Trees for Winter LandscapesJanuary 22, 2023 12:00 am Leave your thoughts
You want to make sure that your yard looks great all year long, but winter months can bring some challenges. The weather is often cold and the sun doesn’t make frequent appearances, so your winter landscape should shine in its place. Keep reading to learn about some of the best trees you can include to brighten your winter landscape.
Begin With the Basics
When you think about your front or backyard design, start by making some basic decisions that could guide you toward the kind of trees you want for your landscape. Then, before settling on any plant, think about:
- The kind of effect you want from the plant. Are you looking for greenery throughout the year? Or maybe you’d like to put in a hedgerow that gives you more privacy. Knowing the purpose of a plant can narrow down your options.
- Know how long you’re willing to wait for your tree to mature for your desired effect. If you’re hoping for immediate shade, you’ll want to buy a mature tree. You can purchase something younger if you don’t mind waiting several years to eventually get the privacy you’re hoping for.
- Know your yard, the space, and the care your plant will need. Space and drainage should be considered to ensure you can successfully grow your tree. It’s also helpful to know the kind of care and watering requirements it needs when selecting a spot.
- Consider the kind of cleanup and tree maintenance your yard will require. Know how the tree flowers, drops leaves, fruits, and more, all while you select the space.
- While you might be selecting trees to spruce up your winter yard, don’t forget to consider the way your tree will look throughout other seasons!
Ask a company like BBD Tree Service or a nursery professional if you’re struggling to decide on your tree. They may be able to suggest options you hadn’t considered!
Trees to Plant in Massachusetts for Winter Beauty
Most people don’t know there are ways to create a yard that’s beautiful in every season. To start, you can select trees according to their bark color like:
- Coral bark maple
- Japanese red maple
- Redtwig dogwood
- Paperbark cherry
You may prefer a plant that has fruit during those frigid months, like:
- Snowdrift crabapple
- Winterberry holly
- Holly bush
Flowers are an option for winter with plants like:
- Star magnolia
For those who enjoy seeing green around their homes throughout the year, consider:
- Norway Spruce
- Emerald arborvitae
- Douglas fir
- Wichita Blue Juniper
For more ideas about what trees you can put in your landscape, learn about your planting zone and what is best for your particular need. You can also head to a local nursery or tree service to get more ideas about creating your perfect year-round space.
The Only Tree Service in Newton, MA, You Need
The best way to ensure that your trees and shrubs are the best choices for your space and your area is when you have the help of BBD Tree Service. We can help you with design, planting, and ongoing maintenance, making your yard the envy of your surrounding neighbors. Contact us at 781-589-9902 to get started!
Categorised in: Landscaping Tips
This post was written by admin